"Prata"
23 09 88
Catholic Junior College
2T12
Guitar
Christ the King
Maranatha Prayer Ministry

T12
T14
Guitar
Muffinpeople
The Acts
Alycia
Aly
Alyson
Amanda
Andrea
Audrey
Benedict
Daphne
Dawn
Hilary
Jean
Jeanette
Kai Qin
Kimberley
Kimberly
Li Bing
Magdalene
Mcron
Michelle
Pamela
Rachel Er
Rachel
Sherlyn
Sheryl
Shu Hui
Theresa
Thomas
Wan Ting
Yan Ling
Yvonne
Yours truly
Zee Foodstuff

Current Obsessions:
Anything silver
Yam Paus


Friday, December 03, 2004

Oh man, I'm so damn tired. I've been standing for 6 hours, from 7am to 2pm, and my back and legs are aching!

Reason: It's CTK's Youth Groups' turn to tend the canteen to raise funds for our Youth room themed Heaven.

We did some work yeaterday after mass. I wouldn't say we marinated the chickens, but that we gave the very frozen chickens a massage and squeezes their blood. It's quite funny cos we're all "massaging" the chickens and the blood just drips onto the table. The whols table was filled with blood and it's like a blood ceremony! Can't believe I actually ate one of those chicken wings today.

Anyway, I'm supposed to help out in the fried rice & mee siam stall. The mee siam was sold out very quickly but the fried rice... My IC kept splashing water (accidentally) onto me while stirring the rice. It must have been at least 5 times. I've sort of learnt to avoid him whenever he attempts to stir anything.

We had this love offering thingie before the last mass ended whereby the people can pay any amount for the food, or even have it for free! But that was to clear the food. And yes! Fried rice was cleared.

Then we cleared the canteen as fast as we can as a wedding reception would take place there in a short while.

By then, we were all dog-tired and it started raining. As we were not allowed to enter our room cos the leaders were counting $$$ we all sat at the corridor while waiting. (Who would still have the energy to stand?) Oh, we saw a government car parked in the church carpark. The car plate had no number, only alphabets (PFLI) and a government symbol. Cool! And hurrah! We raised nearly $2000! Our initial aim was around $1000.

A small meeting was held and we then took pictures. The photographer, Hil asked us to say something in unison so that in the picture, our mouths will appear to be somewhat in the same pattern. So he was like, everybody say "Ben sucks". (Ben is one of Maranatha's leaders.) The whole incident was so hilarious. Hil said that Ben had said it as well!

When Ben approached me for the sign of peace afterwards, I sort of "added salt to the wound" by repeating that sentense. So he strangled me and instead of screaming, I told him that I truly agree that he sux. Haha, that was when he stopped. Assasination inaccomplished. But he went on to the next victim, Audrey, yet another gentle girl. *Tsk tsk*

Sigh, due to the rain, I was stuck in church, just like the rest of the people without an umbrella. We decided to play games and because the peeps are from Maranatha, the games were silly. We played pictionary and Ben drew a guy sucking a pacifier. Guess the answer. Then, they (not me, k?) made fun of Rachel by wanting to draw Ba ba black sheep cos she's always made fun of as a sheep in church. Next, there was this (lame)hoola hoop thing where 3 of us will swing the hoop and the one maintaining it for the longest time will advance to the "finals". In the end, Daphne, the one who initially said that she can't do it won.

Yvonne and I decided to watch the others play table tennis. TM and Jeremy were playing against other teams (read the inexperienced ones) and of course, they won all the sted. I actually played the game. It must have been my first time doing so in my 16 years of life. And it's not that bad, Yvonne and I managed to earn about 5 points.

It has truly been a wonderful day. I was damn tired but I think it's worth it.

I've to admit that I always have second thoughts about quitting choir to join Maranatha but after every session, I would feel happy and not regret my decision. Yup, I still miss the choir very, very, very much, but as Lynette told me, when it's time to leave, it's time to do so. *Enlightened*

Ps: I finally managed to record down all these instead of waiting till I turn on the com and log on the internet. A pretty long entry, huh?

Quote of the day
Take control of your own destiny




dorothy
11:40 AM