"Prata"
23 09 88
Catholic Junior College
2T12
Guitar
Christ the King
Maranatha Prayer Ministry

T12
T14
Guitar
Muffinpeople
The Acts
Alycia
Aly
Alyson
Amanda
Andrea
Audrey
Benedict
Daphne
Dawn
Hilary
Jean
Jeanette
Kai Qin
Kimberley
Kimberly
Li Bing
Magdalene
Mcron
Michelle
Pamela
Rachel Er
Rachel
Sherlyn
Sheryl
Shu Hui
Theresa
Thomas
Wan Ting
Yan Ling
Yvonne
Yours truly
Zee Foodstuff

Current Obsessions:
Anything silver
Yam Paus


Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy New Year everybody! It's the beginning of another year in the Chinese calender. Frankly speaking, I do not care much about it. To me, the Chinese New Year is more like a time of gathering, a great excuse to splurge on new clothes and to eat those yummy goodies. I follow the English calender...

So how was my New Year? Quite bad, actually. I woke up with this terrible flu - again. It made me feel hungry, sleppy and have weak, jelly-like legs. The constant rubbing of tissue against my nose was uncomfortable. I think I used up about 3 to 4 packets of tissue in 3 hours.

I was pretty afraid that my paternal grandma would nag about me falling ill on the first day of the New Year cos she's quite superstitious about such stuff. Once, she told my dad not to attend my cousin's wedding dinner because he was born in the year of the pig. Something bad would happen otherwise... Thank goodness she was too preoccupied with other things to notice it.

After visiting my father's side relatives, my family went to my maternal grandma's place at about 4pm. I decided to head home first (I live 8 storeys below my grandma's place) to take a nap, stock up on my tissues and take a bath. Soon, my mom called to ask me to bring a bottle of chilli along when I leave. Ok, this was how I looked like on my way to granny's place. I wore a tank top and beach shorts, had on a pair of slippers, I was carrying a lady's handbag on one hand and a bottle of less than half full of chilli on the other. My hair was still slightly wet from my bath. Eeks. Luckily the journey took only about 2 minutes.

Hmm... I still had my flu in the evening and it did not get any better. Every few minutes, I would be pulling tissues out of a tissue box. Once, I was searching for the box when my cousin suddenly pointed in a direction without saying a word and tahda! I found that precious box. That was how bad my flu was.

Anyway, I broke a record. I didn't play cards at all the whole day.

dorothy
5:12 PM