"Prata"
23 09 88
Catholic Junior College
2T12
Guitar
Christ the King
Maranatha Prayer Ministry

T12
T14
Guitar
Muffinpeople
The Acts
Alycia
Aly
Alyson
Amanda
Andrea
Audrey
Benedict
Daphne
Dawn
Hilary
Jean
Jeanette
Kai Qin
Kimberley
Kimberly
Li Bing
Magdalene
Mcron
Michelle
Pamela
Rachel Er
Rachel
Sherlyn
Sheryl
Shu Hui
Theresa
Thomas
Wan Ting
Yan Ling
Yvonne
Yours truly
Zee Foodstuff

Current Obsessions:
Anything silver
Yam Paus


Friday, July 08, 2005

Ahem...

Today I have the honour of inviting a very special and intelligent guest writer to contribute to my somehow-going-to-be-dead blog. I shall let her introduce herself...

I am Pennycake, zee Pancake with a capital "P".

Methinks zee Prata is most mistaken in her description. 'Owever, as I am 'er honoured guest, I shall not oppose 'er. *bOiNg*

Today is a very special day, because it is Friday the 8th.
It is also a day which I have spent half-zombified from horrendous sleep deprivation.
Zee Prata, Sherlyn, Mag (w/o Nat) & Yerstrulee went to the Padang at 7.30 last night, ate a tremendous packed dinner (which I immobilised with rubber-bands and ensconced in my bag, due to a depletion of appetite) and zee Prata cracked open a stubborn orange which didn't want to be eaten by Pancakes (Prata is a subset of Pancake, no?) and took 2 pieces when she was supposed to eat 2.5. I broke one slice in half and she didn't take the 0.5. =(
Everyone else had snitched the apples (but that was all right, says zee Prata, because a certain Lychee presented us with green bottles apples hanging on the wall on her 17th birthday). A soldier on duty, he hefted the bulging bag of oranges aloft and inquired, "Who wants oranges? We will throw them away."
Seeing as how the tangerines were In Dire Straits, I stuck my hand into the air & received a pair of fruits (zee Prata says, that wos an Early Chinese New Year pair, or a Super Late one also).
After the Soldier Auctioneer had called several times for more bidders (at a price of zero for this free good [Ms Lee's Econs stays in my brain, but Ms. Ho's is harder to keep] ), he actually dumped it in the garbage bag, atop the heap of styrofoam boxes & drink cans!
After zat an Indian man came 'round collecting Bubble Jelly Drink (Lemon Tea Flavoured) cans [there was a whole heap o' 'em] and he saved the oranges from certain doom =D and they lived happily ever after (I hope). He was rather surprised to find such a stash of good fruit in the bin; he went up to one of the other soldiers & asked if we wanted the oranges.
Finally, after a long while of becoming acclimatised to our surroundings (or oblivious to them as we sank into stoning), we set off for the Other Side of the Road.
The Padang opened afore us like a Faerieland, with soaring pillars and graceful ambuscades.
Zee Prata battled with her bag & withdrew her camera, after which we produced a dark shot of the parade ground.
Following that, we sat in the stands for ages on end & stoned & talked & stoned & this is the 1st time in my life I've ever used the word "stoned" & SMSed & stoned.
We had some more Bubble Jelly Drink with Lemon Tea Flavour. I poured most of it over my hand instead of into my water-bottle when I couldn't swallow any more. It is much too Bubbly.
At 11pm, 1h late (but it felt more like a millenium) we left the Padang & went home to BATHE. Sticky clothes are most abhorrent.
At 3am I fell asleep just as I was about to begin on my Functions (2) tutorial.
What was I doing for the 4h in between? I bathed & punched lots of holes in my Chinese papers & punched lots of metal staples into my Geog lectures & punched made the insides of birthday cards & visited zee Lychee's blog.
Oh yes, I must inform you, zee Prata & I, we have a Partnership! We have diversified & specialised & copyrighted & patented zee Prata & Pancake Card Factory! She does zee Outsides, I do zee Insides and voila! we have... a CARD.
Anyway, I fell down the stairs asleep at 3 & work up at 6.19am, to find (predictably) that I couldn't make it to Mass. In fact, I arrived at school at 7.18am.
So I spent zee Econs lecture, GP tutorial, recess, Geog tutorial & Maths tutorial in torpid zombiness. (zee Prata adds 'erself & Sherlyn & I should add Dino too. Dino is most upset that I should have left him out.)
Therefore, I conclude that NDPs are most wearying on the youth of the nation, but most rewarding as well. It is extremely edifying to stare in fascination at a big round piece of yellow cloth being inflated from within w/o anything except a vigorous shaking of the edges. Yes indeed. Most informative.
Besides, it looks like a gargantuan upside-down egg yolk, which brings to mind zee Cranberry's Kimberley's photograph a year ago of a particular egg-yolk-shaped cushion.
Phew, I still haven't exceeded zee Prata's word limits to growth of 6, 353 million letters.

*Clap clap clap*

notice the different language proficiency???
So embarrassed of myself... :(

dorothy
2:13 PM