"Prata"
23 09 88
Catholic Junior College
2T12
Guitar
Christ the King
Maranatha Prayer Ministry

T12
T14
Guitar
Muffinpeople
The Acts
Alycia
Aly
Alyson
Amanda
Andrea
Audrey
Benedict
Daphne
Dawn
Hilary
Jean
Jeanette
Kai Qin
Kimberley
Kimberly
Li Bing
Magdalene
Mcron
Michelle
Pamela
Rachel Er
Rachel
Sherlyn
Sheryl
Shu Hui
Theresa
Thomas
Wan Ting
Yan Ling
Yvonne
Yours truly
Zee Foodstuff

Current Obsessions:
Anything silver
Yam Paus


Thursday, August 24, 2006

I remember it was during mass last Saturday when I thought of this..

Exactly a year ago on that particular Saturday, MPM went to Chersire home. We stayed till around 6pm I guess, and then we went our separate ways. On the way back, I received a call from my mom to tell me to go to the hospital as soon as possible. I was quite used to it by then, having gone to TTSH almost every other day for the past few weeks. But I didn't sense the urgency.

When I reached the hospital, alot of my relatives were there. Then my mother told me what happened. The surgeons did an op on grandpa to correct internal bleeding at one spot. It was successful, but another spot appeared. They told us there was no use having another op again because it might just lead to more problems or complications. And even if his internal bleeding was corrected, what about others? They told us that nothing much could be done, and that we should let grandpa go after the few packets of blood were used up. It was just a matter of a few hours...

That night was sombre, and it was grim. Aunties and uncles were crying, but grandma was strong. She just stood by grandpa's bed and looked at him, stroking him every now and then and caring for him. All of us, including cousin Tsu Ti, who specially flew back from his attachment in Japan, were there. And because it was anytime, we stayed there overnight.

I didn't know what to do. Seeing grandpa's frail, feeble body and the pain he was experiencing saddens me. I really wished I had the power to stop his pain.

Miraculously, in the morning at about 6am the doctors told us grandpa's internal bleeding has stopped. He was safe at the moment. Wasn't that good news? It was then that my relatives were willing to leave the hospital. My family went for mass in Novena church before going home.

That Sunday evening things got much better and we were hopeful that grandpa's chance of becoming well again was higher. Tsu Ti came to visit grandpa again before he returned to Japan that night.

Yet 3 days after...



I wish grandpa's happily with you now, Jesus. Please do take care of him, ok?

Ps: Hey Alycia, thanks for being there for me during that period last year... for your concern and encouragement.

dorothy
2:13 PM